How to Identify and Manage the Basic Types of Garden Insects

http://www.dowlingcommunitygarden.org/images/rBeet.jpgWhy is it when 97% of the world’s insects are considered to be either beneficial or harmless, your garden attracts only the remaining 3%  that are considered PESTS? Although it may seem this way, there are both “good” and “bad” insects in your yard.There is a constant battle going on to maintain a balance between these two groups. Toleration of some pests should be allowed as they provide a food source for the beneficial insects, allowing them to thrive in your yard and keep the pests in check. However, even in the best of gardens, uncontrolled outbreaks do occur. Preventing an infestation of bugs is an important part of gardening. By taking several precautions and putting forth a little bit of effort in the beginning, you will hopefully be rewarded with (almost) pest-free veggies and flowers.

Why are some bugs in your yard a good thing? A vast majority of the insects in your yard provide many services that improve your garden and lawn. Insects help pollinate the blossoms, which lead to more fruit, vegetables, flowers, and seeds. Insects improve the soil condition by crawling through the surface layer. Droppings and dead bugs increase the fertility of the soil. Earthworms and centipedes also help aerate the soil during their travels. Insects keep the numbers of bugs in line by capturing and eating other types of insects.

Insect Fogger – Bug Burgess, Bonide & Black Flag Insect Foggers

http://img.diytrade.com/cdimg/330653/3830454/0/1182221996/Mini_Thermal_Fogger_Mosquito_fogger.jpgAn insect fogger is just what you need if you’re suffering from mosquitos or other insects around your home. Many people who live in areas with heavy amounts of insects report that an insect fogger can not only kill the insects around your home, but also keep the area insect free for a singificant period of time. This will allow you to enjoy your yard and outdoor areas much more without the hassel of worrying about insect bites or diseases carried by insects.  InsectKits If you purchase an insect fogger, don’t forget fogging fuel!The Burgess line of insect foggers is without a doubt the most reputable product when it comes to having an insect fogger. They’ve been around for over 40 years, and their experience in this area show. This particular insect fogger uses a 10 foot cone of fog to cover large areas around your home.
The Burgess 40-Ounce Outdoor Propane Insect Fogger weighs a mere 5 pounds, and comes with a 1 year warranty. Currently holding a 5 star customer review on Amazon, you can’t go wrong with this product. Just be sure to follow the instructions and you’ll have no problems. Nearly all customers report lightning fast shipping and absolutely satisfactory results! Many customers who purchase this item also purchased insect fogging fuel for discounted prices.

The Bonide insect fogger comes in next on our list. With an almost identical price to the Burgess, we have to make a comparison between the two somehow. With the product details seeming to be about the same, we have to check out the customer reviews themselves. A couple people have stated havnig some technical difficulties with getting this insect fogger to work out of the box. Other than this, reports match those of the burgess with mostly satisfied customers. Dispose of insects around your home and other outdoor areas easily with this product.